Discussion boards provide a space for members to engage in textual interactions, share insights, collaborate on ideas, and ask questions. It is a hub for meaningful discussions and knowledge exchange among community members.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Choose a Project Type
Click the + Create a New Project button in the top right corner of the Projects screen to get started.
- Select Discussion Board.
- Click the Next button.
Step 2: Select an Audience
Choose the audience to target with your project.
- Choose an existing community from the Audience options.
- Choose all members of your community or specific Groups or community members.
NOTE: your audience is locked in once you save this Audience section. Any changes to your audience will require a new project.
Click Next to continue. Click Save to save your progress and remain on the same page.
Step 3: Project Details
There are multiple sections on this page. Click Save to save your progress often and remain on the same page. The sections on this page include...
Name your project objectives and assign moderator teams to lead.
- Project Name—This is entered in Step 1 above.
- Objective—Define your reason for the project from one of the preset Objective options.
- Assign Team—Assign a team of moderators to lead this project. The project is available to all moderators by default if no team is assigned.
Community Experience Settings
Once all required fields are added to this section, click Save to save your progress and remain on the same page.
- Activity Card Details—Write a detailed description of your project. You will not be able to publish this project without completing this field.
- Upload Card Image—This image is displayed on the project card in your community.
- Upload Featured Image (Optional)—Featured activities are displayed on the homepage carousel in large format.
- Featured Button Call-to-Action (Optional)—This text displays on the button when the activity is added to the homepage carousel. You can customize this if you prefer. If you leave this blank, the button says "More".
- Category—Categories are most frequently used to organize community activities around functional themes such as Surveys, Discussions, Live Chats, or Albums. You can also create Categories to list different types of research methodologies.
- Topic—Topics organize community activities around a topical area. You could list TV shows, vehicles, customer experience, or many more cases.
- Author—This field identifies who originally created this activity based on who was logged in at the time.
- Enable Voting—Enable the ability for members to vote with a "Like".
- Mobile App
- Desktop/Web browser
The member-side landing page creation is composed of separate blocks for content and files. You can easily edit, rearrange, or delete blocks as needed.
- Text blocks are a great way to add prompts, instructions, and other content relevant to your discussion, using a feature-filled, rich-text editor.
- File blocks are a great way to include images, videos, or other file types from your Asset Library or your computer. Easily embed video/audio files, image files, and clickable prototypes from external websites using their distribution links.
To add a new Text or File Block, click the ⨁ plus sign button corresponding to the block you want to add.
Blocks are initially titled 'Untitled—Click to Edit'. Rename your block by clicking once on the block's title, then remove what is there and replace it with your preferred block name.
There are a few buttons associated with blocks to be aware of:
① Click these dots and drag them up or down to reorder your blocks.
② Show or hide the details of this block.
③ Delete this block (confirm your choice after clicking this).
④ Choose your source file for this block.
⑤ Add your text content to this block using the rich text editor.
Please utilize the following settings to define the behavior of comments:
- Enable Member Comments
- Require Comment Approval—Moderators must review and approve the comment before other members can see the comment.
- Force Private Response—Members will not see each other's comments; only moderators can see them.
- Enable Uninfluenced Comments—Members do not see comments until they submit a comment.
Incentives for members to participate in your discussion are initially disabled, but you can enable Incentives by sliding the button to Enabled. Here are some settings available to you:
- Define the Maximum Points a member can earn.
- To control how members can earn points, simply click on the check boxes to toggle them on or off:
- Upload files
- Comment on an uploaded file
- Complete the survey successfully
- Disqualify from the survey
- Comment on a post or someone's comment
Step 4: Publish
Enter dates and times to Publish your project and to Close participation.
- Take time to review your setup so far. Edit your Audience, Teams, and Project Configuration by clicking the pencil icon to the right of any of those sections.
- Internal checks will determine if you can publish your project. For instance, you can't publish if you have not added any blocks to your Landing Page.
- Check your survey questions with a preview of your project. Click Generate Preview to see what your project looks like.
- When your project is how you want it, click the Publish button at the top right.